Here's a fun little project you can create for your mom for her birthday, Mother's Day, or just because you love her!
8x10 inch frame (I purchase mine at Michael's)
Paint (I purchased mine at Michael's. I used Martha Stewart craft paint.)
Hot Glue Gun
1. Sketch your design out on paper. I sketched mine out in Photoshop. Make sure your design fits in your frame.
2. Take your glass pane out of your frame and place it on top of your design.
3. Use your sketched design as a template for your painting. I found that I wasn't able to get the detail I had originally planned on. You can see that the final result is quite different from the sketch. Our sketch just gives us something to reference.
4. Once your painting is dry, use hot glue to adhere it to the frame. You could also attach something on the back so it can be hung on a wall.
5. Wrap this sweet handmade gift and give it to your mom!
Tip: I found that I had to let the paint completely dry before adding another layer. When this isn't done, the new layer of paint tends to scrape up the first layer.
I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial! Let me know if you have any questions!